Thursday, January 7, 2010

I have a GE washer that's around 2 years old. It will no longer agitate, however it will fill, drain and spin

When it gets to the point in the cycle when it should agitate it just sits there. You can hear the motor but it won't even move the timer-it doesn't progress through that part of the cycle unless I manually move the knob. I'm thinking it's the belt but I'm not sure if that is it and if so, how to fix it.I have a GE washer that's around 2 years old. It will no longer agitate, however it will fill, drain and spin
No expert here, but a broken something or other that can probably easily be replaced.





My whole transmission had to be replaced years ago. My repairman is pretty cool--replaced it with another used one %26amp; only charged me about $80 for the whole repair. Still works great! (I live in a fairly rural area) in SW Virginia.)





Call a local repairman--get some estimates over the phone after telling them what it's doing.








Oh, it's only 2 years old? Check 2C if there are recalls. it seems too soon to have gone bad unless you've overloaded it a lot.I have a GE washer that's around 2 years old. It will no longer agitate, however it will fill, drain and spin
I think that your timer is bad, since it isn't moving. Otherwise, maybe your belt is bad, or one of the actuators for the transmission is out.

No comments:

Post a Comment