Thursday, January 7, 2010

I need help! My Whirlpool washer is not spinning. It will drain, but not spin. Any ideas?

Im tires of of wringing out clothes!!!! Im not sure why it will drain but not spin.I need help! My Whirlpool washer is not spinning. It will drain, but not spin. Any ideas?
look at the agitator coupling(remove it) is there 4 plastic comma looking pieces?


If so they are called ';agitator dogs'; about a $8.00 fix and they wear out commonly.


also could be a belt that would be obviously broken...


go to www.appliancepartssolutions.com they are ausome and cheep!I need help! My Whirlpool washer is not spinning. It will drain, but not spin. Any ideas?
It could be the belt has broken, come loose or some thing is jamming it(a shoe or a thong etc) I have had this problem many times and if everything else is working it's probably something very simple. This can be checked easily with most washers, move it away from the wall and look in the back, this usually requires the removal of a back panel and some times you need to disconnect the hoses in order to move the machine. Of cause if your machine has a direct drive motor then this information is no good, but try it anyway. I had a technician come and repair my washing machine once and I looked over his shoulder for about five seconds and for the next sixteen years did all my own repairs on that machine.
There is a belt attatched to the bottom of the tub and hooked to the motor, this is probably slipped or broken and need to be replaced. Un hook it, remove back and check.
If the belt is intact, check the connection that runs the motor. Some of my washers unplug themselves all the time.
Could be the transmission.

No comments:

Post a Comment