Thursday, December 24, 2009

Clothes washer repair. I need to get to the motor of the washer. How do I get to it if it has casing around it?

If the motor and transmission are a sealed unit, they are meant to be replaced as a sealed unit. There are no user-servicable parts inside, because you can't buy the parts to put in that unit. If the motor is shot, go to a used appliance outlet, and buy a used unit from them.Clothes washer repair. I need to get to the motor of the washer. How do I get to it if it has casing around it?
If by casing all around you mean you cannot tip it over and see the motor?





If so then, if it is like mine, you have to go in from the top. Take off the top and look down inside. I cannot remember if the tub has to be pulled out or if it is assessable with the tub in place. It is a real PITA compared to washing machines of the 70's.

1 comment: