Sunday, December 20, 2009

Does anyone have a front load washer and dryer? Which brands are best? Does the washer hold residual water?

Some front load washers are reported to retain water in the rubber seal around the doors, which causes smelly water. Anyone familiar with this?Does anyone have a front load washer and dryer? Which brands are best? Does the washer hold residual water?
I have the Maytag Neptune front load washer and dryer - I have had them 6 months or so and so far I have not experienced that problem. From what I understand, The Neptune series originally did have the problem you mentioned, but my version has a hole where the water can drain. It has plugged up before - with hair (of all things!) usually after a load of towels. I am very happy with my choice.Does anyone have a front load washer and dryer? Which brands are best? Does the washer hold residual water?
They used to do this. I've had my Maytag Neptune for 7 years and it did this, but the company fixed it for free. You can also leave the door open (remove bulb so it doesn't burn out) to dry out inside. Otherwise this unit is great! Uses much less water. Can be a little noisey, so don't locate near a bedroom and then run washer before you go to sleep!
front loads usually hold more and need less soap. never heard of that problem with them.

No comments:

Post a Comment