Sunday, December 20, 2009

Water well smells bad. My water well is 150feet deep and when water fills my washer it starts to smell.?

It has been like this off and on for about 6 months now. i have tried a septic treatment, thinking it was sewage, but it still smells. we just had to have all new parts put in and all 150 feet of new pipe for the water well. what is going on. its starting to happen more all the time now.can anyone help me. thanks and God BlessWater well smells bad. My water well is 150feet deep and when water fills my washer it starts to smell.?
Several ideas come to mind...


Have you had the water tested by your local County co-op or health agency? Never know if there might be a septic field problem...or another source of contaminent.


Is there any discoloration? Ours had tannin and iron content, took several thousand dollars in treatment equipment. Tanks/separation media/chemicals for the iron and tannin, tanks/salt for the mineral content. Water is now clear and 95% odor free but still has a slight ';tinny'; kind of smell when areated, like in the shower.Water well smells bad. My water well is 150feet deep and when water fills my washer it starts to smell.?
it could be a chemical to sterilize it or to clean the water that was pumped in there

No comments:

Post a Comment