Thursday, December 24, 2009

Is it OK to put bathroom rugs in your washer/dryer?

It is o.k. to wash them on a regular cycle in warm water, then air dry only using no heat which will remove lint, then hang to dry.





A hot dryer will cause the backing to dry out and crumble over time.Is it OK to put bathroom rugs in your washer/dryer?
You have to be care full. If the rug has any type of rubber that can break off then I would not do it. The rugs I have don't have it and they do wash, but you can only do it a few times before the rug starts to deteriorate.Is it OK to put bathroom rugs in your washer/dryer?
I have done it before. Make sure you wash on gentle cycle and use warm water when you wash them and low heat if you dry them. If they get too hot the rubber backing will melt. I usually wash mine and let them air dry. I also like to use an extra spin cycle to get out some extra water.
i do it all the time and also throw them into the dryer. never had any problems, but do get a lot of lint in the trap.make sure you clean out the lint trap before the next load.
I did that once and it destroyed the rubber backing on the rug.


I may have put it in the wrong setting.


I don't remember.


Just read the cleaning instructions that comes with the rug.
Depends on the rug. I have a rubber-backed one. It's good quality, so it's never come apart.





Maybe you should stick with a cold wash and light dry.
I always do! Just put it on gentle w/ cold water and use minimum detergent. Then lay them flat to dry!
Yes if it is put in with something else to balance the load

No comments:

Post a Comment