Sunday, December 20, 2009

Washer will run but stop on the drain cycle. How do I fix this?

Most of the time the washer runs like normal. Sometimes, it'll run all the way until it needs to drain the water and it will just stop. When this occurs, I cannot get the washer to start again right away. If I put the washer on another setting, it won't do anything. Sometimes, it'll take about an hour and it'll eventually kick on. Today though, it never kicked back on and I had to manually remove all the water in it.





I checked the lid switch and that is working correctly. The pump that runs to the sink, to drain the washer, is not clogged and the sink isn't clogged.





Anybody have any ideas?





Thanks!Washer will run but stop on the drain cycle. How do I fix this?
Either the timer points are burnt or the motor is over heating. If the motor is overheating the waher will act dead until it cools back down. the timer points can start stop at anytime tap timer knob with something hard to see if it starts up.Washer will run but stop on the drain cycle. How do I fix this?
It seems like you have general knowledge of this washer. Depending on the make and model of the washer, some have an ';off balance'; switch usually located near the base plate of the washer. If the unit you have doesn't the ';ob'; switch or if the switch is working properly I would check the connections at the timer, connections look good (not discolored or burnt) chances are the problem is in the contacts inside the timer and the timer needs replacement. Hope this helps.
sounds to me like there is a problem with the timer
  • wrinkles cream
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment