Thursday, December 24, 2009

I have a craftsman power washer?

When I get it running, I'm not really getting no pressure coming out. I looked threw the lines to see if anything was clogged, don't see nothing. Water is coming out. What is the problem???I have a craftsman power washer?
Sounds like what happened to mine. I had not drained it totally, and after the winter was over all the o-rings were destroyed. If you do not have a clog, take the pump apart. But be carefull because there could be gear oil in there. I am not sure what model you have but on mine there was a crank with three pistons, on those pistons were the o-rings. If you can remove what you can of the o-rings and get a whole new set, replace them and cover them with petroleum jelly. Put it back together and it will work fine.I have a craftsman power washer?
The pressure washer has a pressure valve on it , make sure its turned correctly.It should be a round knob with an arrow for up and down pressure. Also sometimes the unit is not primed fully. Sometimes starting it with the trigger activated can help to prime it sometimes you just need to start it and let it run for a while befor using it. And some units have a knob to prime the pump.
There are three spring loaded check valves that often get small stones in them from well water.
Internal screen in the pump is clogged

No comments:

Post a Comment