Sunday, December 20, 2009

Looking for a newer washer/dryer set...?

I'm looking to purchase a new or newer washer and dryer set.





I'm looking for a set that is stackable (space constraints), energy and water efficent and affordable. The dryer must be electric.





Any suggestions on good brands/models and where to get a good deal?





It seems that most energy efficient washer and dryers are at least $600.00 or more.





Thanks!Looking for a newer washer/dryer set...?
I bought one of those expensive, newfangled, energy efficient (water stingy) Whirlpool sets. It was a nightmare. Moldy smelling , lint covered streaked up, wrinkled up clothes that you couldn't hang dry because it took the dryer to get all the lint off. Luckily, Lowes took them back. I did some research before I picked new ones. I got a G.E. Profile top load washer and dryer set.It was hundreds of dollars cheaper and it has almost as much load capacity as the other ones but it has an agitator and uses plenty of water. What I learned is, that it takes WATER to get your clothes clean! What you save on water on the others, you spend on higher priced high efficiency detergents anyway. If you are considering getting a front loader or any of those water miser types, I suggest you put '; moldy smell in front load washers'; into your search engine. I love my washer and dryer. I'm eternally grateful to Lowes for bailing me out of this one. I can't imagine having to keep that set. I think I would have sold it in a yard sale. Pick wisely. It's a pretty long term decision.Looking for a newer washer/dryer set...?
yeah, you're going pay a bit for energy star models. I personally am in love with GE products. We stayed in a vacation house over the summer that was equipped fully in the kitchen with every GE appliance. Just from that I would look for that brand EVERYWHERE else in the house. It's going to cost you, but the work they do is incredible and look nice and last quite a while.
I would recommend a Whirlpool Duet.
try conns or sears they are very resonable you can get a set for around $700.00
Whirlpool make the best appliances of any brand they are affordable and last long with the least break downs of all brands they are known for reliability I believe any model will do for any of your needs and you don't really need those fancy High Efficiency models thats just a way of making you spend more money just a regular top loader or front loader works good and will be energy efficient as high efficiency models are Good Luck !

No comments:

Post a Comment