Sunday, December 20, 2009

My drain for my washer has an elbow. Everytime it cycles water shots out the top of the drain pipe.How do i st

Clean it out.The drain should be 1.5 in or larger.If it is then its probably cloggedMy drain for my washer has an elbow. Everytime it cycles water shots out the top of the drain pipe.How do i st
I am interpreting this as the water backs out of the pipe that the drain hose hooks into. If that is the case the pipe (standpipe) must be snaked out because something is blocking proper water flow down the drain.





You can purchase a snake at any hardware or home center for less than $20 and clean the pipe easily.My drain for my washer has an elbow. Everytime it cycles water shots out the top of the drain pipe.How do i st
The line that drains the water should be straight, take the elbow out, and make sure the drain is up high enough, but no to high so it can drain properly. You might want to also clean the drain pipe out or get a new one, they are cheap. Good luck!
Don't listen to SuziQ. It's against code and could make you're house stink. Get a professional to snake out the drain. It's usually less than $100.

No comments:

Post a Comment