Thursday, December 24, 2009

I get a rotten egg smell coming up sink drains through out the house when my washer or kitchen sink drains.?

Anytime when all is standing I don't have this smell, not even just running water. The water in a glass has no smell like eggs. How do I get rid of this?I get a rotten egg smell coming up sink drains through out the house when my washer or kitchen sink drains.?
the washer is draining out our trap due to syphoning it out. Check that the vent line through the roof is not plugged or restricted.I get a rotten egg smell coming up sink drains through out the house when my washer or kitchen sink drains.?
This happens alot in our parents-in-law basement. The sink down there rarely gets used and the water in the trap evaporates causing a drain smell (yuck!). I just run warm water with a bit of bleach down the drain and it clears it up.
Most likely, the water in the traps is evaporating. Run water in all sinks for a minute to assure they are full.





I see this a lot in houses that have sat vacant for some time. Good luck.
Try putting a little bit of baking soda in each of your sinks, and run hot water over it. The hot water can help to get any residual grease from inside the pipes, and the baking soda is a natural deodorizer.
POUR SOME DRAIN CLEANER DOWN EVERY ONE

No comments:

Post a Comment